In order to help avoid potential conflicts with other events at Lerner College and UD, please use the form below to request that your event be added to the Lerner College calendar.
The Event Planning Worksheet will help you with all the details that you will need to consider before planning an event.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Kim Ragan. Once you have completed the event planning guide, please submit it to Kim for review and assistance.
- The Event Planning Worksheet is the first step toward planning a successful event. You’ll need to fill it out to get approval for the event before proceeding. Additionally, the event budget guide (Excel spreadsheet) will help you organize the finances of your event.
- Staff review the event.
- The event is added to the calendar or staff will contact you for more information.
- Once the event is approved, you may begin planning your event. Planning early and thoroughly is the key to a successful event! It takes more time in the beginning but it pays off in the end. There will be enough to do the week of the event, so don’t leave the details to the last minute.
- Plan ahead.
- A receipt must be provided for anything purchased with a UD credit card or any items you wish to be reimbursed for. There are no exceptions. If you don’t have a receipt, you will not be reimbursed.
- No alcoholic beverages can be served if undergraduate students are attending the event. If you plan to serve alcohol (at graduate events), you must submit an alcohol approval form to the dean’s office. See Kim Ragan.
- No contracts can be signed by you. They must go to Linda Somers in the dean’s office. No exceptions!
- For events with over 35 guests, you must use UD Catering. If you need help with pricing your food, Kim Ragan can assist you with alternative selections. Be aware of food allergies, avoid peanuts and always include a vegetarian and gluten-free option.
- Don’t assume that things will be “free.” Almost everything has a cost (i.e., movers, video, audio, etc.).
- Allow time for set-up & delivery for any items you plan to order. Custom orders take approximately 4 weeks to ship – unless you want to add rush shipping to your order, which means more money.
- For events with an external audience refer to UD’s list of official hashtags for use on social media.
- Plan ahead!
- Catering Information
- University student centers
- Movers: Submit a webform, add Kim Ragan. The Account Administrator is Nancy Proctor.
- Video/Audio: Submit a webform, contact University Media Services PRIOR to submitting webform to get a confirmation number; add Kim Ragan as approver. The Account Administrator is Nancy Proctor.
- Photography: Submit a webform, add Kim Ragan as approver. The Account Administrator is Nancy Proctor.
- Marketing/Communications: submit an email to email@example.com (from a UD email account) for services related to press coverage, advertising, graphics, signage and more.
- Mascot Appearances: Contact Athletics.
- Gifts/Giveaways: Only approved UD vendors can be used for anything with the UD logo on it. Contact Kim Ragan for help with this.
- Hashtags: refer to UD’s list of official hashtags for use on social media.
- Logos and branding: Contact Lerner Communications for anything that needs a logo.