Lerner Career Services Center provides students with information on a variety of national, regional and local professional organizations to grow your network, build your knowledge base and expand your resources. If you are interested in attending networking events hosted by these organizations, Lerner Career Services Center may have limited funding resources available. Inquire by emailing email@example.com.
National Professional Organizations
- Ascend Pan Asian Leaders – Offers robust professional development and career enhancement programs designed to cultivate Pan-Asian talent.
- Association of Latino Professionals For America – ALPFA develops the next generation of Latino professionals via experiential leadership development and mentoring from senior corporate executives.
- Delaware Alliance for Non-Profit Advancement – Strengthening, enhancing and advancing nonprofits and the sector in Delaware through advocacy, training, capacity building and research.
- MBA Career Services & Employer Alliance – A global leader in delivering the tools, developing the relationships and providing the supportive information and services that produce ongoing success for graduate business career services offices and employers.
- MBA’s Without Borders – Through long-term technical assistance and market-based strategies, MBAs without Borders Advisors enable enterprises, government agencies, and civil society organizations in emerging and frontier markets to acquire, utilize, and adapt the latest management tools and techniques.
- National Association of Asian American Professionals – Non-profit organization that cultivates and empowers Asian & Pacific Islander leaders through professional development, community service, and networking.
- National Black MBA Association – The organization is dedicated to developing partnerships that create intellectual and economic wealth in the Black community through its five channels of engagement: career, education, entrepreneurship, leadership and lifestyle.
- Prospanica – The National Society of Hispanic MBAs is the premier Hispanic business organization dedicated to building and advancing Hispanic leadership through graduate management education and professional development.
- World Trade Center of Delaware – World Trade Center Delaware is a non-profit organization that helps small and medium-sized businesses navigate the intricacies of international trade through business roundtables, seminars, and one-on-one consulting.
- American Marketing Association – The American Marketing Association strives to be the most relevant force and voice shaping marketing around the world, an essential community for marketers.
Regional and Local Professional Organizations
- 1313 Innovation – Offers a dynamic collaborative environment, connecting the local entrepreneurial community and universities with business leaders.
- Delaware Bankers Association – The mission of the DBA is to support its member institutions with leadership and information that will provide their employees, their communities, and the state of Delaware with a safe and viable financial services industry.
- Delaware Bio Science – Delaware BioScience Association is a unified voice for Delaware’s thriving bio community, dedicated to facilitating growth of the life science industry, advancements in research as well as supporting education initiatives in Delaware and the surrounding region.
- Delaware Small Business Chamber – The Delaware Small Business Chamber is focused on supporting local small businesses throughout the state of Delaware and the surrounding areas.
- Delaware Society for Human Resource Managers – DE SHRM provides members with professional development, resources, tools, relevant and comprehensive information, education, legislative updates, leadership development and peer networking to enable members to make informed decisions, stimulate professional growth and enhance workplace contributions.
- Delaware State Chamber of Commerce – Through programs, legislative advocacy, communications and publications, small-business benefits and services and special networking events, the Chamber is continually providing an enriched environment for businesses and communities to grow.
- Delaware Tech Forum – The Technology Forum of Delaware is a not-for-profit association that provides a dynamic environment for identifying business opportunities and building profitable relationships with key leaders in high technology businesses throughout the region.
- Inspiring Women in STEM – Inspiring Women in STEM Conferences and Forums encourages and supports women involved in all aspects of science and technology in their professional lives, including industrial and government scientists and engineers, academic researchers, STEM educators, college students, and entrepreneurs.
- Leadership Delaware – The mission of Leadership Delaware, Inc. (LDI) is to recruit and mentor outstanding young Delawareans who have the capacity, desire, and the courage to seek and excel at community, nonprofit, political, professional, and corporate leadership within the “First State.”
- Network Afterwork – Network After Work offers a range of memberships, partnership opportunities, events, advice, and even a mobile app that are all designed to help propel members and event attendees to the next level of their professional objectives.
- The Newark Partnership – The Partnership has created a unique environment in which the City of Newark, businesses, residential communities, and the University of Delaware can work together toward a common goal, “the ongoing enhancement of downtown Newark,” with mutual benefits.
- New Castle County Chamber of Commerce – The Chamber hosts hundreds of events each year, with networking and business card exchanges being a key part of most events. Take advantage of the numerous opportunities to meet potential clients and gain exposure for your business that the Chamber offers.
- Philly Society of People and Strategy – Throughout the year PSPS hold Special Interest Groups, Local Area Network meetings, webinars, networking events, and many other opportunities to connect with colleagues and pick up new, practical ideas.