Student Event Planning
Planning an Event
The Event Planning Worksheeet (PDF) will help you with all the details that you will need to consider before planning an event. Once you have settled on a date, please fill out the form below so that we can add your event to the Lerner Google Event planning calendar. We can also add the event to the UD Calendar if you would like it listed.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email email@example.com.
Best Practices and Guidelines
- Plan ahead.
- Posters/fliers may only be posted in designated areas (on bulletin boards, not on any painted or wood surface). To have your posters hung in the Purnell lobby cases, please bring them to the Lerner Event office in Purnell 102.
- To be reimbursed, you must provide a receipt for anything purchased with a UD procard or for any items you wish to be reimbursed for. There are no exceptions. If you don’t have a receipt, you will not be reimbursed.
- No alcoholic beverages can be served if undergraduate students are attending the event. If you plan to serve alcohol (at graduate events), your advisor must submit an alcohol approval form to the Dean’s Office.
- No contracts can be signed by you. They must go to Linda Somers in the Dean’s Office after your faculty advisor has reviewed it. No exceptions.
- You must use UD Catering if you will have over 35 guests. Please contact UD Catering at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help planning your food and beverage selections.
- You must stay within the room capacity. A complete list of classroom capacities is located on the registrar’s website. Student center room capacities are listed on their website. The Lerner atrium capacities are listed on the Atrium Request form.
- Don’t assume that things will be free. Almost everything has a cost (i.e., movers, video, audio, etc.). If you need tables and chairs in the atrium (other than what is normally available), the UD movers can bring large rounds or high cocktail tables. They also have nice white folding chairs. There is a cost for the movers but not for the tables/chairs IF you are requesting what they have on hand.
- Classroom space can be difficult to reserve due to the large volume of classes during the semester. The student centers are nice alternatives and the rental fee is fairly inexpensive.
- Allow time for set up & delivery for any items you plan to order. Custom orders take approximately 4 weeks to ship – unless you want to add rush shipping to your order, which means more money!
Helpful Links and Contacts
- UD Catering: https://udel.campusdish.com/en/Catering
- University Student Centers: http://www.udel.edu/usc/
- Movers: Submit a webform
- Video/Audio: Submit a webform; contact University Media Services PRIOR to submitting webform to get a confirmation number
- Photography: Submit a webform
- Mascot Appearances: https://bluehens.com/sports/2019/9/30/hire-youdee.aspx?id=773
- Gifts/Giveaways: Only approved UD vendors can be used for anything with the UD logo on it. You can find official UD and Lerner logos at https://my.lerner.udel.edu/support/communications.
- Hashtags: Refer to UD’s list of official hashtags for use on social media.
- Logos & Branding: Please see guidelines under Brand Materials on the Communications myLerner page. If you have questions about the use of the logo or branding please contact Lerner Communications at email@example.com.