Research Services & Databases
The University of Delaware’s Library makes many databases and data sets available for use. Please visit the Library Databases site for more information.
Available through Lerner
The list below has some services that supply multiple databases. For example, WRDS has about 30 different sections, some of which are listed separately (e.g., CRSP) and others that are not, but are paid for under other subscriptions (e.g. Dow Jones, CBOE Indexes, 13F).
Some other services are limited to particular subscribers or departments.
- S&P Capital IQ
- New Issues
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Audit Analytics (Audit and Compliance)
- Bank Regulatory
- CBOE Indexes
- Compustat (North America+Legacy+Annual Updates, Bank, Historical Segments, Execucomp, Marginal Tax Rates, Tools)
- CRSP Annual Update (Stock: Security Files, Events, Portfolio Assignments, Index: Stock File, Cap-based Portfolios, S&P500, Treasury+Inflation, CRSP Select Series, CRSP: Compustat Merged, Tools)
- CRSP Quarterly Update (Index History Intraday, Mutual Fund, Tools)
- CUSIP (Issuer, Issue)
- DMEF (Multi-Division Catalog, Non-Profits, Reproduction Catalog, Specialty Catalog)
- Dow Jones (Daily, Monthly)
- Event Study (Daily Event Study)
- Eventus (all)
- Fama-French Portfolios (Portfolios, Liquidity Factors)
- Federal Reserve Bank (Forex, Interest Rates, State Composite Indexes)
- IBES (Academic, Summary History)
- ISS aka RiskMetrics (Directors, Governance)
- Option Metrics (Ivy DB US)
- OTC Markets (End-of-Day Pricing)
- Penn World Tables (7.1, National Accounts)
- PHLX (Currency Options, Implied Volatility)
- Public Data (Bureau of Economic Analysis, BLS, Healthcare)
- SEC Order Execution (2000-2005)
- TAQ (Monthly Product – some years not available)
- Institutional Holdings 13f
- TRACE OTC Corporate Bond and Agency Debt Bond Transaction Data
Research data services
Data pricing and procurement
The Lerner TechDeck can assist with obtaining data for your research projects, as well as evaluate any contracts we have to see what pricing we can obtain for you.
If you are looking for a particular dataset or to see if there are any discounts available, please feel free to reach out to the Lerner IT Team.
As part of Lerner IT’s commitment to providing superior service to our faculty, staff, and students, we have options available for storing and backing up large research datasets. For more information, contact us via our online form or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available software packages:
Provided by Lerner IT or through UDeploy
The following is a list of commonly licensed software packages are available through Lerner IT directly, and are often able to be installed within 1-2 business days of the request being placed:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Project Professional
- Microsoft Visio Professional
The following software is licensed per-individual by the College. Please contact us for ordering information.
- Adobe Creative Suite
Software provided by the University is often ordered on a case-by-case basis, and may require a purpose code to complete the ordering process. Please contact us for a quote.
High performance cluster software
A variety of software packages can also be found for use on the Farber High Performance Cluster. For more information, please review the Software page from the HPC group.
The College and University have secured multiple agreements with software partners. These partnerships sometimes offer software at discounted prices specifically for education and non-commercial research. If you require licensed software for your University system that is not on this list, please contact us. We can make direct orders leveraging these discounts and can manage procurement, delivery, and installation for you.
Hardware and infrastructure services
High performance computing
Lerner College has invested in the University of Delaware Farber High Performance Community Cluster. This is a collaborative high performance computing resource utilized by various University entities and maintained by UD Research Computing. This is a no-cost service that the Lerner College is extending to departments in order to support and foster research.
Read more about high performance computing
Provisioning and management
Lerner College IT staff provides services to manage information technology. We provision desktops, servers, and other hardware based on a standard image to ensure stability and security. This can be customized with specific operating systems and software and to meet your unique application needs.
Our team manages and collaborates with University central services to ensure IT infrastructure is in place to meet the needs of our researchers. We colocate many of our systems at the University’s data center to take advantage of high speed network access, redundant power, environmental controls, and physical security.
Lerner IT uses a suite of tools to effectively deliver support, monitor and manage deployed IT assets. We are dedicated to ensuring your data and systems are up to date and secure by coordinating routine updates and patches. Lerner IT can provide backup solutions and will centrally monitor systems and services critical to your operations. We are alerted to issues and outages so we can respond efficiently.
For more information about the provisioning and management services available for your technology, please contact us.
By leveraging our educational partnerships with industry vendors we can also engage experts, get the best value, and expedite procurement. We also provide ongoing support for all College information systems and can assist in both upgrades and refreshes.
Contact us to setup a one-on-one consultation with one of our computing support specialists.
For the best assistance, we strongly recommend opening a ticket or sending an email to the Lerner IT team. If you leave a voicemail, please leave your name, email address, a description of your question, and a telephone number.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
026 Purnell Hall