• Visit
  • Apply
  • Give

Graduating Students

All graduating students must submit an Application for Advanced Degree (AAD). Check with your advisor to make sure you meet all other requirements for your specific program.

Application for Advanced Degree

The Application for Advanced Degree (AAD) is due at the start of your final semester or session. Submit your application according to the directions on the AAD email that you receive.

Download the application and review submission deadlines on the Graduate College’s Steps to Graduation web page.

Your application must be complete to be processed, including payment of the degree fee ($50 for master’s degrees, $95 for doctoral degrees).

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I list a course waiver or transfer credit?

Simply write waived (WV) or transfer (TR) where the grade would otherwise go.

I’m a dual degree student. Are there enough lines on the form for all of my courses?

Dual degree students must complete all courses in both degree programs in order to graduate. If you need to use a separate page, please fill it out in its entirety.

What about the grades for the courses that I’m in this semester?

The Graduate College will fill in your remaining grades on their final degree clearance after the semester grades are posted.

I just finished my last course. Where is my diploma?

If you’ve filed your Application for Advanced Degree (AAD) and passed your final courses, you will receive an email from the Office of the University Registrar asking for you to confirm your U.S. diploma address in UDSIS. Diplomas arrive:

  • Spring grads — late July
  • Summer grads — mid-October
  • Fall grads — mid-March
  • Winter grads — late April

I might be moving before the diploma gets here. What should I do?

Log into UDSIS and change your diploma address as soon as you identify someone to receive it.  Diplomas can only be sent to an address in the United States.  If you know you will be out of the country, we suggest having your diploma sent to a trusted friend or family member within the United States.