Graduate Internship Program
The Graduate Internship Program is an elite internship program for full-time students enrolled in the Lerner College of Business.
Graduate Interns gain experience working in an industry setting with companies like Chase, Christiana Care, Siegfried, Sallie Mae, and Barclays. Successful interns may receive full-time job offers upon graduation, based on their performance in the program.
Graduate Interns work on short-term projects, research, reports and campaigns. They test and apply what they learn in class, enhancing learning with hands-on experience. They work up to 20 hours per week in the Fall and Spring semesters, and full-time in the Summer and Winter Sessions.
- On-the-job experience in leading companies
- Competitive stipend and tuition discount
- Full-time graduate student (MBA, MS, PhD) in the Lerner College
- Maintain a 3.0 or better GPA
- Receive satisfactory performance evaluations each term
- International students in their second year are eligible to participate in the Graduate Internship Program
- Once you accept a Graduate Intern position, you will forfeit any existing funding and all the previous funding contracts will become null and void
|Semester||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||September 1||December 31|
|Winter||January 2||January 30|
|Spring||February 1||May 31|
|Summer||June 1||August 31|
Depending on the company, the Graduate Internship may be offered on a semester or an annual basis.
- All interested students must meet with Sarah Baker Andrus to determine their qualifications for the program prior to applying. You can schedule your appointment with through Handshake.
- To learn about current Graduate Internship Program openings, please log into Handshake at udel.joinhandshake.com. Under Employers – type in University of Delaware – Graduate Internship Program. There, you will find a list of all the current openings and application requirements.
- Resumes of the most qualified candidates are forwarded to the employer for consideration.
- Employers are responsible for interviewing and selecting Graduate Interns.
- International students may apply for off-campus Graduate Internship Program openings once they become eligible to apply for their CPT. For details, including CPT eligibility, see the Office for International Students and Scholars employment information: https://www.udel.edu/academics/global/isss/. Occasionally, on-campus Graduate Internship Program positions are available. International students in their first year may be considered for these opportunities on a case by case basis.
- Once you accept a Graduate Internship Program position, the stipend might be delayed if the position was finalized after relevant deadlines. Be sure to check on timing with the Lerner Career Services Center.
- If you accept a Graduate Internship position, you will forfeit any existing funding, tuition scholarships, stipends and all previous contracts will become null and void.
If you have questions related to the openings or the Graduate Internship Program, please schedule an appointment with Sarah Baker Andrus, Assistant Director, Lerner Career Services through Handshake.