The Graduate Internship Program is an elite internship program for full-time students. Graduate Interns gain experience working in an industry setting – with companies like AAA, Christiana Care, Siegfried, Sallie Mae, DuPont and Barclays – while earning a stipend and tuition scholarship. Many interns also earn job offers through their performance in the program.
Graduate Interns work on short-term projects, research, reports and campaigns. They test and apply what they learn in class, enhancing learning with experience.
- On-the-job experience in leading companies
- Stipend and partial tuition scholarship
- Business information and forecasting
- Corporate training and learning
- Financial services support
- Marketing, media or public relations campaigns
- Product opportunities assessment
- Operations and supply chain management
- Website design and strategy
Graduate interns may start at the beginning of any term. They work an average of 10 or 20 hours per week while attending school in the fall and spring terms.
|Semester||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||September 1||December 31|
|Spring||February 1||May 31|
|Summer||June 1||August 31|
- Full-time graduate student in the Lerner College
- Maintain a 3.0 or better GPA
- Receive satisfactory performance evaluations each term
- International students in their second year are eligible to participate in the Graduate Internship Program
- Once you accept a Graduate Intern position, you will forfeit any existing funding and all the previous funding contracts will become null and void.
- To apply to current Graduate Internship Program openings, please log into Handshake at udel.joinhandshake.com. Under Employers – type in University of Delaware – Graduate Internship Program. There, you will find a list of all the current openings and be able to apply.
- Resumes of the most qualified candidates are forwarded to the employer for consideration.
- Employers are responsible for interviewing and selecting Graduate Interns.
- International students may apply for Graduate Internship Program openings once they become eligible to apply for their CPT. For details, including CPT eligibility, see the Office for International Students and Scholars employment information: www.udel.edu/oiss/students/employment.
- Once you accept a Graduate Internship Program position, the stipend might be delayed if the position was finalized after relevant deadlines. Be sure to check on timing with the Lerner Career Services Center.
For questions related to the openings or the Graduate Internship Program, please schedule an appointment with Paul Rollison, Assistant Director, Lerner Career Services through Handshake.
Current Opportunities (Fall 2017)
Current opportunities will be routinely updated.
Green Energy Dashboard Intern
|Marketing and Communications Graduate Internship|
|Business Research Assistant|
|Business Systems Corporate Associate|
|Marketing Communications Corporate Associate|
|DuPont Corporate Associate|
|Christiana Care Corporate Associate|
|Business Research Assistant|
Travel Services Data Analytics
MIS Analysis Corporate Associate
|Commercial Loan Credit Analyst|
AAA Insurance Marketing Analyst