New Student Orientation (NSO)

Domestic Students

  • Make sure to register for New Student Orientation
  • The Math Placement Assessment must be taken by June 20, 2016. Failure to place in the appropriate math course could impact your ability to graduate in four years. For more information, go to and choose UD Math Placement from the Courses & Placement button.
  • When you attend New Student Orientation, you will meet with an advisor to select your Fall Semester courses.
  • If you have AP, IB or College Credit, Make sure to bring documentation with you to New Student Orientation.

International Students

  • Complete the online Mathematics Placement Assessment, ALEKS (more than once if you are not happy with placement). All students are required to complete the Assessment before enrolling in classes. Visit your Blue Hen Home portal to access ALEKS. You will not be able to register for appropriate fall courses without your ALEKS score.
  • Register for Fall Semester Classes. To register for classes, send an email to your academic advisor: Megan Kuck, 102 D Purnell Hall. Ms. Kuck will help you select and enroll in classes for fall semester.
  • Register for International New Student Orientation (ISO). To register for ISO, log into your My Blue Hen Home portal and click on the “Register for New Student Orientation” link in your checklist. Once the registration form opens, read the instructions and, most importantly, select the listed date for ISO under the “Orientation Date” section. If you are unable to attend ISO, please select the option “Unable to Attend NSO” and a member of the New Student Orientation staff will email you with additional instructions.
  • Set up and read your UD email regularly throughout the summer. Advisors and faculty members will utilize your UD e-mail account to provide you with important information. Please read your messages! You may access your e-mail from the UD homepage at or at
  • Complete part 1 of and Haven Links to these assessments are available through My Blue Hen Home. You will receive an e-mail when you are able to access part 2.
  • Complete all the tasks listed on the Office for International Student and Scholars (OISS) website