Lerner Career Services manages the Road to Wall Street Program to help students gain an edge in their finance related internship search process. Students accepted into this program will be provided with the following:
- Training – students will be expected to attend a day-long technical interview training in early Fall.
- Mentoring – students will be paired with an executive mentor who has 10+ years’ experience in the finance industry.
- Career Coaching – students will be required to meet with a career coach, participate in peer mock interviews and attend a Lerner Edge program to hone their resume, interview, job search and networking skills.
- Internship Referrals – students will be forwarded finance related internship opportunities as well as have their resumes forwarded to alumni and employer partners in the finance industry
- Alumni Networking and NYC Company Tours – Students will be introduced to UD Alumni serving on the NYC Dean’s Council who will be available for industry and professional development questions. Students will also attend a bus trek to NYC where we will have lunch with the NYC Dean’s Council and visit finance companies.
Students who were part of this selective program, received offers from the following organizations: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, TD Bank, Bloomberg, Morgan Stanley, SunTrust, Citi, TIAA, Under Armour, RBC Markets, PwC, EY, AIG, SMBC and more.
Applications typically open during late spring in Handshake (search by Road to Wall Street) for acceptance into the program. Application requirements include a resume and recorded answers to 3 interview questions. There may also be an information session in Spring which will be listed in Handshake under Events. For further information, contact Jill Gugino Pante at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The Road to Wall Street Program is an invaluable opportunity for me to expand my knowledge in a short period of time while guiding me through the intense internship searching in my Junior year. It gives you a chance to question yourself, to understand your passion and explore the world of Finance.” – Simon Liu (Junior, Finance and Accounting major)
“The Road to Wall Street Program has allowed me to connect with and form meaningful relationships with a strong network of professionals in the finance industry that I would not have been able to contact otherwise. Through this program, I have been able to have incredible conversations with past alumni who have done tremendous things in their fields and have amazing advice for students. I also have been able to meet a great group of students who share similar interests with me. Overall, I highly recommend this program as it will definitely give you an edge in this financial industry.” – Nishant Chintala (Junior, Finance and Computer Science major)
“The Road to Wall Street Program opened up so many doors for me that I did not even know existed. It helped me find an internship, a mentor, and multiple networking opportunities.” – Nikki Livulpi (Junior, Finance major)
“The Road to Wall Street Program helped bring out the best I have to offer and provided a helping hand during the entire internship process. It definitely gave me a leg up on the competition and excellently prepared me for my internship as well as my professional career.” – Jonathan Amato (Junior, Finance major)
“Through guidance and very strong networking, The Road to Wall Street Program prepared and enabled me to land a competitive internship in NYC” – Nic Cutrona (Junior, Applied Economics)
Qualifications and Requirements
Applicants should have:
Rising junior status (fall) in any major.
A minimum GPA of 3.2.
Availability for a summer internship between your junior and senior year as the goal of this program is to assist you in your internship search.