Lerner College has invested in the University of Delaware Farber High Performance Community Cluster. This is a collaborative high performance computing resource used by various University entities and maintained by UD Research Computing. This is a no-cost service that the Lerner College is extending to departments in order to support and foster research.
To learn more about the research computing offerings at the University of Delaware, please visit the Research Computing website.
Access High Performance Resources and Applications
Researchers within the Lerner College now have additional resources for their computationally-intensive programs and other specialized computer requirements. Farber provides access to commercial software for research such as SAS, Stata, R, and Matlab. Compilers and specialty libraries are also available for custom programming.
Some of the benefits of this system:
- Considerable computing power – multiple fast processors with gigabytes of memory allow programs with millions of observations to run in reasonable time frames.
- Ability to execute long-running programs without relying on or impacting your office computer.
- Collaboration on common datasets with co-authors, even from other universities.
- Centralized access to purchased and licensed software reducing the need for multiple licenses on your office desktop, laptop, or RA systems.
Documentation for the Farber cluster is available online.
- A laptop/desktop
- Reliable internet connection to connect to Farber
- Access to an SSH client such as Terminal or Putty
Please contact the Lerner IT Team to have your account set up and be onboarded to the Farber cluster.
Research Assistants should have their faculty member submit an account creation request on their behalf.