The business community has long recognized the value of mentoring as a means of developing both its leaders and its future workforce. Business professionals who act as mentors and role models help students gain insights that allow them to hone their skills in preparation for successful employment.
Lerner is leading the way with this unique educational resource through its Graduate Executive Mentors Program. This initiative establishes 1:1 mentor-student relationships in which the executive’s professional background is complementary to the student’s career objectives.
Graduate students apply during the Fall semester and must be enrolled in a full-time program.
Applications are now closed. For more information, contact Libby Cusack at email@example.com or 302-831-4739.
Qualifications and Requirements
- You must be enrolled in the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics.
- You must be a Graduate student planning to graduate December 2018 or later.
- You must have a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- You must complete an interview with the Lerner Career Services Center if selected.
- Build a one-on-one relationship with a business executive by meeting once or twice a semester.
- See how your academic studies relate to the business world and your career objectives.
- Get an insider’s view of a company and the industry in which it operates.
- Develop valuable networking skills.
- Work with your mentor to establish a schedule and develop an agenda with objectives for the academic year.
- At the completion of the experience, complete a brief assessment questionnaire.
Resources for Mentors and Mentees
The Mentor’s Guide (PDF) (CCC/The Mentoring Group)
The Mentee’s Guide (PDF) (CCC/The Mentoring Group)
Skills for Successful Mentoring (PDF) (CCC/The Mentoring Group)
75 Things To Do With Your Mentees (PDF) (CCC/The Mentoring Group)
Mentor Checklist (PDF)(Lerner College)