Students can register for courses only when a registration period is open based on the semester/session start date:
- Spring: Registration opens in mid-November; closes two weeks after Spring Semester starts
- Summer: Registration opens the first Monday after Spring Break; closes four days after the start of the respective session (Summer I, Summer II)
- Fall: Registration opens in mid-April; closes two weeks after Fall Semester starts
- Winter: Registration opens the end of October; closes four days after the start of the session
Please note that online MBA courses run on a seven-week compressed schedule. If you plan to take an online course that starts in April (Spring B) or October (Fall B), make sure that you are registered for it before the free drop/add date in the respective semester (Spring or Fall). Example: If you want to take a Fall B course, you must be registered by the second week of classes (early September).
How to Register
You can register for classes yourself via UDSIS.
- Go to UDSIS, and sign in with your UD credentials
- Click Registration & Drop/Add
- Click the Add A Course (Add one or two courses for part-time, and a minimum of nine (9) credits for full-time.)
- Type in the course you want (Example: MBA students start with ACCT 600, BUAD 620, BUAD 670, and ECON 603. If other courses are full/closed, you can also take BUAD 640.) Make sure you choose the right section number!
- Section 010, 050, 051, or 052 for on-campus, live courses
- Section 197 or 199 if you are in the On-Campus MBA Program
- Section 196 or 198 if you are in the Online MBA Program
- Review Course information and click Add
Note: Per immigration visa requirements, on-campus international students can sign up for no more than one online class per semester.
If a course fills up or closes, you will have to wait until the next semester (or year) to take it. It’s best to register as early in the period as possible. Courses with low enrollment will sometimes be cancelled, so stay registered for the course you want as your vote to keep it open. Always have a plan B ready in case your course is cancelled, closed, or full.
Free Add/Drop Periods
During free drop/add periods, you can add, drop, or change courses without financial penalty. You will receive a 100% tuition refund for courses dropped during this specific time.
- Fall/Spring Semester – The last day of free drop/add is two weeks after the first day of the semester.
- Winter/Summer – The last day of free drop/add is the fourth day (Thursday) of the first week of the course.
Once the last day of free drop/add has passed, there are no tuition refunds, and you cannot add or drop a course.
After free drop/add has ended, you can withdraw from a course by logging into UDSIS and following the prompts for registration. Withdrawing from a course results in a $25.00 fee and a “W” will appear on your transcript. Withdrawing does not negatively affect your GPA.
The Withdrawal period ends 9-10 weeks after the course start (mid/late October for Fall; mid/late April for Spring). After that date, you must remain in the course.
International students must maintain nine graded credit hours per Fall/Spring semester, so be careful when dropping/withdrawing from a course.
Assistance for MBA Students
Need help? Let us do it for you. Send a concise email to your advisor with your full legal name, student ID number, and the course you want to register for or withdraw from. If you are getting an error code in UDSIS, give us some information so that we can address the issue.
If you need to take fall or spring semester off for any reason (illness, relocation, job situation, wedding, etc.) let us know. Email your full legal name and student ID number to your advisor to request a leave. A Leave of Absence (LOA) does not affect your GPA and there is no fee for this status.
Please come to your advising appointment prepared. Each appointment slot is 30 minutes. If you would like a Zoom appointment rather than in person, please indicate that in your request.